Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Terra Cotta Bedroom In My Circa 1900 Home

This post has images of the master suite in my circa 1900 home. When I bought the house it had been converted into two apartments so we lovingly had to restore  it to a residence. It has 12 foot tall ceilings, all original hardwood flooring and wood trim. There is a bath to the right and a room through the pocket door to the left of the fireplace that is for reading, playing my keyboard and a mini office. I have loved living in this old home but have found a house that I would like to get my hands on so hopefully will able to soon.

 www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

The pencil post canopy bed was hand made by a woodworker in Lexington, KY.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

The chairs were purchased at  auction and were painted and recovered. I also collect tapestries. There is one hanging above the window box which I couldn't get in the picture and  small pieces that I used to make 2 of the pillows.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

This image shows a close up of the old dresser that I custom painted for the room.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

The mantle last Christmas. I marbleized the mantle in this room.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

I love to needlepoint and did the two black pillows.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

Looking into the bath.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

This is the original claw foot tub which I marbleized and gilded the rim.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

Leopard fabric is used above the border and 
french script sheer fabric on the curtain behind the tub.

www.lisafarmerdesigns.com

This is the multi-purpose room behind the fireplace.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Pinterest Subscribe to my RSS Feed Send Me An Email