Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Quaint And Elegant Stone Stairways



When I published the post on decorating grand stairways I promised to do one someday on their more humble cousins. This post is all about the beauty of the quaint stone stairway. These stairs seem to offer an adventure to anyone ascending or descending them. They have an almost fairy tale quality to them as they beckon you to come and see. Maybe it is the fact that I would love to live in a castle that makes me think old stone steps are so charming. I adore the old European stone homes and find the quaint old steps in them so beautiful in their simplicity. Whether stone or wood I think quaint staircases are so charming. I love my back stairway that winds around in a unique spiral.

No decorating tips this time, just images that I hope you will enjoy.




Hope you enjoy the mood music!!






maison cote sud


via pinterest








Château de Châlus

Madeleine Castaing






I know that the next three images are wooden steps but because of the stone walls of the stairwells I decided to include them.

source unknown



Who can forget the stairs leading from the Gryffindor common room.



Claire Richardson

I love them outside as well......but that is a post for another day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Pinterest Subscribe to my RSS Feed Send Me An Email