Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Decorating In Mid-Century Modern Style.



You know the old saying "never say never". Well it certainly applies to me when it comes to Mid-Century Modern design style. I grew up with this style in the 60's when it was in all the fashionable homes.  In my hometown most interiors were a mix of traditional and modern but one of my best friends house resembled a Frank Lloyd Wright style home and it was totally furnished in what we called "modern" furnishings. 

I have always been drawn to classic interiors, antiques and art. Even in my teens I hated this look and have not been too fond of it since. That was until I started researching for this blog post. Last week I decided to bite the bullet, be a good interior designer, and post about this style that is now recognized by scholars worldwide as a significant design movement. And much to my surprise I was able to find some images of Mid-Century Modern interiors that I actually like. This is a style that when done well is quite visually appealing. Don't get me wrong, there are some really bad Mid-Century interiors out there but that is true of all styles. Let us focus on the elements of this style that I have only recently come to appreciate.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Pinterest Subscribe to my RSS Feed Send Me An Email