Thursday, May 1, 2014

Decorating With Antique White Wicker


Because of it's perennial popularity, white wicker furniture has a place in my Classics Hall of Fame. It may occasionally give up the spotlight to it's brightly colored or natural rattan cousins, but it never really falls out of favor with the decorating public. I have several pieces of antique wicker that I'll admit have been painted dark green before. They are on my front porch and now are white again with a white washed finish that gives them a more French instead of Southern look.

Whether you bring it inside or relegate it to the porch, white wicker will always share it's charm with you. 




I really like a greyed down version of white on wicker for a more vintage feel.


Beautiful wicker chair with natural linen cushions and the perfect pillow.  And that wall paper!!!!!


Farmhouse perfection! Red looks so crisp when used with white wicker.



I love these chairs with the ball and claw feet. You can't beat blue with white wicker.



Coastal style can benefit from a piece of wicker as well. This finish is more aged than a white painted piece would be.

Just a small piece will make a big difference. 


Wonderful antique white wicker piece.

vintageinteriorblogs.com

Surround your dining table with beautiful antique white wicker chairs. I really like the tone on tone effect with the neutral linens and accessories.


Lovely pillows are so important to the success of wicker furniture. Mix patterns and textures for a cozy vintage look.

facebook.com

via pinterest

Galvanized pieces are great accessories to use alongside white wicker. Here they have used mercury glass as well.


Wicker is more comfortable than you think....just add some pretty cushions. Also white lattice married to white wicker equals a great look!


Vintage Cottage style.



Rare Ornate Victorian Wicker Sheet Music Stand by Heywood Brothers and Wakefield Company - Found on Ruby Lane. Antique wicker from the Victorian period is sometimes very ornate.


I prefer the simpler pieces but Victorian wicker certainly has it's admirers.





Of course we all know how pretty white wicker is on porches. Here with solid green and muted floral cushions.

via pinterest

You can always brighten it up with lovely colors and mixed pattern pillows.

bhg.com

My favorite piece of white wicker is a sofa. I prefer antique ones, they just have more charm. My mother had a beautiful antique one that I wish I had now.

source unknown

Lovely, cozy nook!!!


White wicker all grown up....elegant and sophisticated.


You can still use vintage white wicker with new colorful pieces.


Go out and find yourself some antique white wicker. You won't be sorry.



Please visit my website at www.lisafarmerdesigns.com




Click here to see the previous post!



This blog post was published by Lisa Farmer




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Pinterest Subscribe to my RSS Feed Send Me An Email